G. Terrence Coriden
Terry Coriden practices workers’ compensation law as a Partner at Coriden & Coriden, LLC. His entire professional career as an attorney has been committed to workers’ compensation law and making a difference in his community. He is also highly experienced in mediation.
“As a workers’ compensation attorney, I appreciate the opportunity to help a client solve their legal problem. I also value mediation because it presents the best course to both expeditiously and fairly bring a case to a final resolution. It avoids the strain of years of litigation. I have the unique position of bringing 32 years as a Judge to the mediation table. This is one reason why my mediations result in a successful conclusion 95% of the time.”
Terry is a member and past president of the Bartholomew County Bar Association, a member of the Indiana State Bar Association, and a former board member of the Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum (ICLEF). Terry is a former board member of numerous local civic organizations including the Columbus Human Rights Commission, Family Services of Bartholomew County, and St. Bartholomew Parish Council. He is a Pro Bono Attorney for Bartholomew Area Legal Aid and Attorney for the Bartholomew County Fair Board. Terry also serves as a board member of Kid’s Chance of Indiana, Inc., an organization dedicated to providing educational opportunities to children of people seriously injured in work-related accidents. In recognition of his civic work, Governors Orr, Bayh, O’Bannon, and Kernan have each bestowed upon Terry the state’s highest distinction, the Sagamore of the Wabash.
In 1974, Indiana Governor Bowen appointed Terry to the position of a Hearing Judge of the Workers’ Compensation Board of Indiana. Since then, Terry served under Indiana Governors Orr, Bayh, O’Bannon, Kernan, and Daniels and was Chairman of the Workers’ Compensation Board from 1992 until 2004. Terry has served as a workers’ compensation judge for more than 30 years. He also served as City Attorney for Columbus, Indiana, from 1996 through 2004, and served as the City Utility Attorney in Columbus, Indiana, from 1996 through 2008.
Terry made Columbus, Indiana, his home in 1971, after graduating from the University of Toledo College of Law. Over the past forty years, Terry has served the people of Indiana in a number of different capacities at both the state and local levels. In 1971, Terry started Legal Services of Bartholomew, Brown, and Jackson Counties, a program that has provided legal aid to low-income families.
“The personality of your community often dictates what the needs of the individuals are. Therefore, a good understanding of the community will help understand the needs of the worker in bringing a case to conclusion.”
Terry was born in Hammond, Indiana, and graduated from Xavier University in Cincinnati, Ohio, in 1968, with a Bachelor of Science Degree. Terry then attended law school at the University of Toledo, where he met his wife, Kitty. Terry and Kitty are the parents of Tim Coriden and Erin Kendall and the grandparents of three grandsons, who all live in Columbus, Indiana.
- Xavier University, B.S., 1968
- University of Toledo, J.D., 1971
- Admitted to Indiana State Bar – 1971
- Admitted to U. S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana – 1971
- Past Board Member of Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum (ICLEF)
Professional Memberships & Awards
- Judge on the Indiana Workers’ Compensation Board -1974- 2006 (Chairman 1992-2004)
- Sagamore of the Wabash Award – 1988, 1997, 2003 and 2005 (four-time recipient of the highest civic honor bestowed upon an individual by the Governor of Indiana)
- Fellow of The College for Workers’ Compensation Lawyers – 2007 to present (section of the ABA)
- Board of Directors of The College for Workers’ Compensation Lawyers – 2013 to present
- Board of Directors of The College for Workers’ Compensation Lawyers (treasurer) – 2021 – 2022
- Kids Chance of Indiana Board of Directors (president 2018 – 2020) – 1995 to present
- Best Lawyers Association
Publications, Seminars & Teaching
- Indiana Law Review – numerous articles
- Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum – Workers’ Compensation Seminars, 1981 – 1988
- The College of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Seminar/Speaker – 2011 and
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals/Mediator
- Expert Witness in various Workers’ Compensation cases in Civil Court
- IUPUI School of Law/Adjunct Professor – 2004 – 2020
Attorney Terry Coriden
Terry Coriden practices workers’ compensation law as a Partner at Coriden & Coriden, LLC. His entire professional career as an attorney has been committed to workers’ compensation law and making a difference in his community. He is also highly experienced in mediation. Terry is a member and past president of the Bartholomew County Bar Association, a member of the Indiana State Bar Association, and a former board member of the Indiana Continuing Legal Education Forum (ICLEF). [ Attorney Bio ]